Eight Unique Food & Beverage Venues to Delight Taste Buds; Resort Announces Appointment of Executive Chef Andres Teran
Hollywood, Fla. – April 23, 2015 – The new-build Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, opening later this year on the legendary Hollywood Beach Broadwalk in Greater Fort Lauderdale, Florida, today announced details regarding eight food and beverage venues, along with the appointment of its executive chef.
“We look forward to welcoming resort guests and locals with a taste for the good life to a spectacular arrangement of diverse food and beverage venues at Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort,” said Cate Farmer, the resort’s general manager. “We are excited to feature a few classics that Margaritaville fans will know and love, while introducing unique new dining and entertainment destinations, as well.”
Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, the resort’s bars and restaurants, which are sure to delight all guests, will include:
- JWB Prime Steak and Seafood – Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort will introduce an all-new restaurant concept with its 142-seat JWB Prime Steak and Seafood. Accessible to resort guests and locals seeking a laid-back luxe dining experience, JWB will lure diners with a contemporary menu of fresh seafood including spear-caught fish, a raw bar and prime steaks paired with world-class wines and hand-crafted cocktails. Guests will savor delectable seasonal favorites at JWB, like the Florida stone crab, an assortment of sea-to-table delicacies and specialty sushi rolls. JWB, named after James (Jimmy) William Buffett himself, will offer impeccable service and intimate spaces ideal for romantic dinners or small group gatherings.
- Floridays Airstream Café – Named after the 1986 album and song by Jimmy Buffett, Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort is bringing another new concept to Hollywood Beach with its poolside Floridays Airstream Café. The refurbished airstream trailer will be located on the beach level just steps from the sand and feature a quick service menu with premium hot dogs, snacks, ice cold beverages that are inspired by Buffett’s travels.
Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville – The song that started it all, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville will celebrate the opening of its newest location at Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, promising a true escape to paradise – any day, any time. With coastal-inspired, made-to-order dishes and hand-crafted cocktails, there will be no better spot to sit, sip and savor. Live entertainment will be a key ingredient to this two-story paradisiacal concoction, offering something for everyone to enjoy while overlooking the resort’s pool and beachscape.
- LandShark Bar & Grill – Inspired by the traditional beach bars of the Atlantic Coast, LandShark Bar & Grill offers the perfect mix of quality food, free-flowing drinks and good ol’ fashioned fun. Guests will relax al fresco on the oceanfront deck, while enjoying panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and watching adrenaline junkies go head-to-head on the resort’s FlowRider® Double.
- License to Chill Bar – A destination unto itself, the resort’s 11th floor rooftop terrace will feature the License to Chill Bar, serving up food and beverage service daily, alongside a pool with ample space to enjoy breathtaking views of Hollywood Beach and soak in the South Florida sunshine. License to Chill, open to resort guests and private event attendees only, will feature light fare including salads, wraps and a wine list with refreshing rosés and champagnes.
- 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill – This rustic indoor-outdoor dockside bar located on the Intracoastal Waterway, will serve up bar bites, drinks and live entertainment daily, with breathtaking sunsets as an added bonus. A waterfront beach, with a cozy fire pit, will host daily sunset rituals. The 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill will also feature a Water Taxi stop and serve as the launch pad for paddle boarding excursions and other non-motorized watersports.
- Lone Palm Beach Bar – No shirt, no shoes – no problem! This quintessential, flip-flop friendly thatched roof tiki bar is a tropical oasis featuring walk-up Broadwalk service and poolside service for resort guests. Sip on a cocktail – shaken or stirred – choose from a variety of beers and house drinks, or relish a ‘Cheeseburger In Paradise®.’
- Margaritaville Coffee Shop – Guests can start their day with a cup of Margaritaville’s signature gourmet coffee and a bite at the Margaritaville Coffee Shop, located in the resort’s lobby. Serving breakfast essentials that are perfect to grab and go, the menu includes a variety of hot and cold beverages, breakfast sandwiches, croissants, pastries and more.
As an added bonus, resort guests will have the opportunity to reserve one of 24 poolside cabanas, where they can bask in the ultimate comfort in paradise. Cabana guests will enjoy personalized bottle service and special menus, along with flat-screen TVs, mini-refrigerators, locking safes and ceiling fans complementing the cool ocean breezes.
Overseeing culinary operations for Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, under the guidance of Director of Food and Beverage Tim Arnold, will be Executive Chef Andres Teran. Teran began his 15-year career at The Alexander Hotel in Miami Beach, where he assisted with the successful launch of Shula’s Steakhouse. He then went on to serve as executive sous chef for Ocean Point Resort & Spa in Sunny Isles and later, executive chef at Morton’s Steakhouse in North Miami, leading a $6.5 million operation. Most recently, Teran was led the team at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.
“Chef Andres is an exceptional addition to our team,” said Arnold. “His experience, technique, leadership skills and understanding of restaurant operations give him the perfect edge to curate a remarkable gastronomic experience in paradise, at Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort. We are thrilled to have him onboard.”